Lynwood Road, Accrington, Lancashire BB5 6LR
Pupil Premium Funding at Huncoat Primary School.
Pupil Premium funding is additional funding given to schools to support pupils who are eligible. There are a variety of reasons why your child may be entitled to this funding which includes:
Our final pupil premium funding for 2016-2017 was : £87,720
Our final pupil premium funding for 2018-19 is: £96,660
The pupil premium is required to be used to support improving outcomes for pupils who may be disadvantaged and to close the gap in pupil achievement between identified cohorts.
A summary of the main barriers to educational achievement faced by eligible pupils of the school :
Other barriers include:
At Huncoat we are using our Pupil Premium in 2018-19 to :
• To close the gaps between PP children and non PP in reading/ writing and numeracy
• To offer experiences and opportunities for PP children – in return this has an impact on writing and reading inference
• To provide PP children who are also GRT with extra support in Reading & Maths to close the gaps
• To close the gaps between PP and non PP within speech and language in the Early Years
• To provide extra adult support to close the gaps in the EY so the children ‘catch up’ before the end of the year
• To pay for Pupil Support Officer through attendance to ensure PP have 96%+ attendance