PE and sport premium
Primary PE and Sport Funding
Schools are allocated a sum of money, called the Primary PE and Sport Funding to support all children and improve the quantity, quality and breadth of PE and sport provision. The allocation is calculated according to the intake of the school, and the school must decide how best to use the money to improve the breadth and quality of PE and sport provision, including increased participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
Our indicative Primary PE and Sport Funding is £17,600.
At Huncoat Primary School we have decided to use this money to:
- Deliver high quality lessons that increase motivation and love for PE
- to deliver high quality morning/ after school enrichment clubs (yoga/ curling/ archery etc)
- Buy into the ‘Hyndburn Sports Partnership’ to allow a wide range of inter school competitions/ sports and opportunities, which wouldn't necessarily be available without the Partnership.
- Forge links with PE teachers in local secondary schools to enable networking/ use of local facilities and expertise of specialist teachers and equipment
- To subsidise outdoor learning within PE skills in Lancashire accredited outdoor centres
- To pay for the Tots on Tyres programme to develop gross motor skills within the Early Years
- Increase the amount of actual time swimming to help increase the percentage of swimmers
- To fund new PE equipment to increase the quality of PE lessons taught and fund play equipment to sustain excellent behaviour and PE skills outside
Targets for 2019-20
- To enhance the amount of swimming provision provided for children from an early age so that more children can swim at a younger age
- To develop the activeness of children at dinner times
- To gain the School Sport's Quality Mark
Click enable editing to read full documents: